Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blustery Days...

It's been a long time. Too long. I have lacked the words to describe this journey God has taken me on. I have graduated from college and this has been one of the toughest transitions I have had to face. This was an entirely new tough path that I did not want to walk down. Leaving behind my friends who felt more like family and a simple little place that felt more like home was rather heart breaking. I was instantly removed from everything that made me feel normal and blessed all at the same time. My heart did not skip a beat at the simple things the days had to offer nor did my smile reach both ends of my cheeks. I had come to a place where make believe was too far behind and Never Land was too far out of reach. Try as I might, here was where I would stay. For a little awhile. I believe that God is present in every moment of our lives. Placing people and experiences to help us grow to who He wants us to become. I think that God wanted me to recognize that the things I may have wanted might not be able to be mine just yet. I have had to place many things at the Lords feet, understandably so. I didn't want to take a break from fulfilling the things I had set out to do... but God wanted me to stop and breath and listen. So I did. I stopped and I saw that regardless of the let downs, I had still had so many precious people who continued to believe in me. I took a deep breath and my heart suddenly felt full of new aspirations. I listened and I heard the knock of many doors waiting to be opened. A little note passed me by that said, "Pay attention to your dreams for they are your letters from God." Take great delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Also, take heart, for Jesus has overcome the world. You only get one life. One chance to light up the world before it is time for you to leave. God will keep you safe and He will give the  encouragement to fight on. Believe that nothing will ever pass you by if it is not meant to. Embrace new opportunities and turn your nervousness into excitement. Know that you are always looked after and you are greatly loved.

I think my spark is coming back. It's been a long time....good to see you.

Love always,
Niki Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment